With all the negative stuff all around us, I thought the best gift I could give my readers is to share an outstanding video by Harvard’s psychologist and lecturer Tal Ben-Shahar. It has been one of the most popular videos on the Big Think web site. He has a very practical approach to happiness supported by research… not just fluffy talk.
- Take 4 minutes and 33 seconds to watch the video. Take notes. Do not get distracted by other things when you’re watching and listening.
- Determine how well you are applying the five things he outlines in the video. Take action based on your self assessment.
- Share the video with people you really care about.
- Recognize that genuine happiness is really more in our control than we realize.
- Put stuff that’s not in our control where it belongs.
Five Happiness Actions in the Triangle,